Wednesday, November 18, 2009

TICK TOCK - Fashion or Function

What sort of watch do you have? When I ask that I mean is it a fashion statement or does it just tell the time?

My watches have always been boring, functional watches that are good time keepers - they tell me what I want to know - basically what the time is when I look at it. They are reliable and always there on my left wrist. I know that some people have them on their right wrist, some have them in their pockets and some don't bother at all. (I wonder if they are the ones that are always late and you see them running for the train or bus?)

Anyway, as part of our website we decided a few weeks ago to stock and sell a selection of men's watches. We looked around and found a couple of ranges that are exceptional value for money - in particular Louifrey Watches. We chose some to start with and they are proving quite popular.

This has started me thinking though about my watch and I have decided that a watch does not need to be boring to be functional, it can also be fashionable. It can make a statement about who you are. I am going to buy some watches for myself - yes "some" - why should I only have one watch? I can have a few watches, different styles and different colours so that I can wear a watch to match my mood, my clothes, whether I am going out or going to work. In the past I have had one watch at a time but things are going to change. The watches on our website are such good value that people buying them could buy 2 or 3 at a time. Now what I need to do is start selling stuff 4 women not just stuff4blokes and then I could buy from myself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment