Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Learning all the time

I have not been on here for a very long time for so many reasons I will not bore you with any of them. I have come back this morning and thought that I would indulge myself!

I have been using Facebook for several years and use it to keep in touch with family and friends - think that is what it was intended for anyway. I also used to be a youth worker for many years and keep in touch with quite a few of the young people that I used to work with. It is great to see how they have progressed and to see what they are doing now - some have really surprised me - good and bad!

I signed in for Twitter and do Tweet occasionally but some people do it all the time - how do they find the time and am I really interested to know that they decided to have tea instead of coffee this morning? They just post so many Tweets that I can't be bothered reading them and am getting a bit bored with the whole thing.

Now we come to LinkedIn - I went to a JNet business networking meeting last night at the V+A hotel in Manchester. There was a guest speaker called Will Kintish and he was talking about the value of LinkedIn. He was very entertaining and informative - I had never heard him speak before. I have decided to give it a go and will be starting my LinkedIn account in the next few days. I will let you know how I get on.

So, with Facebook, Blogspot, Twitter and LinkedIn will I have any time to update http://www.stuff4blokes.com?

No comments:

Post a Comment